The GLOBALG.A.P. standard enhances good agricultural practices and reassures consumers about how food is produced on the farm. This is done by minimising the detrimental environmental impacts of farming operations, reducing the use of chemicals and ensuring a responsible approach to worker health and safety and animal welfare.
In an age of continuous change and development with high concern for health, the environment and resources, retailers and consumers demand products obtained in a responsible manner. Therefore, producers around the world need to comply with the GLOBALG.A.P. standard. GLOBALG.A.P. is internationally recognised for agricultural production and guarantees the safe and sustainable production of food.
The GLOBALG.A.P. certification includes the following aspects:
- Food safety and traceability
- Workers´ health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
- Integrated crop management (ICM)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Control Union provides certification services in the following areas:
- IFA (Integrated Farm Assurance Standard) for crops, livestock and aquaculture production
- Chain of Custody (COC)
- Compound feed manufacturing